July 6-12, 2026
Katie said "a-bop" a lot while we were in Crescent City and she said it when we got home too. I didn't know what she was saying until we played "go to sleep then the alarm goes off." She said it then and I realized she was saying "wake up". That made the Crescent City trip more funny because she was saying it at the aquarium to the fish she thought were sleeping. She would also say "aw, cute!" and "let go!". She sang Twinkle Twinkle Little Star while we were looking at the visitors center at Fort Churchill on Sunday. She counts with me when Mary is doing her mouthwash and she will sing the ABC song too. She is getting to be a great talker!
Mary continues to love dressing up and reminded me of her Aunt Amelia this week when she mismatched her socks for each outfit. Amelia loved to do that when she was a young girl too. She loved pretending to be different creatures/animals this week. I got a hilarious video of her pretending to be a worm. She also loved the dinosaur theme going on at the library for the month of July.
Mom: I did a lot of deep cleaning this week in the kitchen and laundry room and I finally mopped in what feels like forever. I started exercising again this weekend. I did the stationary bike on Friday and lifted weights on Saturday. It felt good!
Dad said goodbye to Brad from work on Friday. They had a going away party for him in Reno. Work is as frustrating as usual. He built the hack squat machine that he bought for Mom. Our home gym is looking awesome!
This week was less eventful because all our friends were out of town. I did a lot of deep cleaning and the girls were very patient and played well together. We played in the sprinkler almost every afternoon and made friendship bracelets. We had a fun weekend of going to the library on Friday and going to Fort Churchill. It was fun to do a little family hike, even if the girls didn't have as much fun. We need to go hiking more often so they get used to it. We finally felt the effects of all the fires in Utah. It was very smokey on Sunday and smelled like fire.
Mary continues to love dressing up and reminded me of her Aunt Amelia this week when she mismatched her socks for each outfit. Amelia loved to do that when she was a young girl too. She loved pretending to be different creatures/animals this week. I got a hilarious video of her pretending to be a worm. She also loved the dinosaur theme going on at the library for the month of July.
Mom: I did a lot of deep cleaning this week in the kitchen and laundry room and I finally mopped in what feels like forever. I started exercising again this weekend. I did the stationary bike on Friday and lifted weights on Saturday. It felt good!
Dad said goodbye to Brad from work on Friday. They had a going away party for him in Reno. Work is as frustrating as usual. He built the hack squat machine that he bought for Mom. Our home gym is looking awesome!
This week was less eventful because all our friends were out of town. I did a lot of deep cleaning and the girls were very patient and played well together. We played in the sprinkler almost every afternoon and made friendship bracelets. We had a fun weekend of going to the library on Friday and going to Fort Churchill. It was fun to do a little family hike, even if the girls didn't have as much fun. We need to go hiking more often so they get used to it. We finally felt the effects of all the fires in Utah. It was very smokey on Sunday and smelled like fire.







.jpeg)
.jpeg)



.jpeg)
.jpeg)



.jpeg)


Comments
Post a Comment