July 27 - August 2, 2026
Katie said some funny things this week. She would come up to us and say, "Hi guys!" She would say, "Oh my gosh!" then put her hand on her forehead in exasperation. She still loves books, cuddles, and soft things (stuffed animals and blankets). She is getting more spunky and opinionated. She is asserting her wants, is very good at saying please and thank you and loves to say no and throw things - we are working on saying "no thank you".
Mary still loves changing her clothes a million times a day. Her clothes either inspire her interests or reflect them. She comes up with outfits to be her "superhero clothes" or this week she put on her yellow dress to match her banana slug toy that we finally found. She likes to play outside but this month has had an extreme heat warning almost the whole month, so we can only go out when there is shade - meaning first thing in the morning or right before bed. She has tough feet. She can walk on gravel with no complaints and could handle hot sand for a while before it started hurting her. She's been passing notes over the fence to our neighbors on the west. They have a 9 year old daughter, Sophia, and she and Mary have played through the fence and out front a couple of times.
Mom: I'm getting back into audiobooks. I relistened to the series Once Upon a Broken Heart and loved it all over again. I hope to find time to work on my screenplay writing. That really does interest me but I feel like I never have time for anything. I did well posting videos to social media for my color analysis business for my second week in a row.
Dad bought new exercise equipment this week that he's excited about. He overheated setting it up in the garage though-it has been way too hot this month. Work is frustrating as ever, hopefully he can quit it in the next couple of months for something more stabilizing.
Monday I had a call with Megan Donlevy (who I think looks like Megan Trainor). We talked about her Seasonal Color Report. She seemed happy with it. Tuesday I took the girls to Lindsay Durocher's house while I went to Reno for my doctor's appointment with a nurse practitioner in the cardiology office. It was brief and she said it takes time for the lungs to recover and just pay attention to how I feel as I incorporate more cardio. I got some bagel breakfast sandwiches on my way out of Reno and met up with Dad for a brunch date on USA Pkwy. I picked the girls up from Lindsay and took them to dance class. Wednesday we had a play date at Megan Donlevy's house. It was so nice of her to have us over. Thursday we went to the church for the exercise class. That night I taught piano.
Friday we got up early and drove to San Francisco. We got there at 1pm walked around Pier 39 then down to Ghirardelli square. The girls loved playing on the little beach at the end of our walk. They both got wet but luckily I packed a change of clothes for both of them. We tried to go to Alamo Square Park but it was packed. We went to the Palace of Fine Arts which was so much bigger than I thought! It was so beautiful. We walked down to Chrissy Field beach and got great views of the Golden Gate Bridge. We got to drive across it on our way home.
Saturday we went to our neighbor's house to celebrate their baby's first birthday! That night I made dinner for the missionaries. Sunday we went to church. Paul made a delicious steak for our steak and egg breakfast. He tried to make sunny side up eggs but the yolk cooked, so I fried up a few more eggs to get that gooey yolk.
Mary still loves changing her clothes a million times a day. Her clothes either inspire her interests or reflect them. She comes up with outfits to be her "superhero clothes" or this week she put on her yellow dress to match her banana slug toy that we finally found. She likes to play outside but this month has had an extreme heat warning almost the whole month, so we can only go out when there is shade - meaning first thing in the morning or right before bed. She has tough feet. She can walk on gravel with no complaints and could handle hot sand for a while before it started hurting her. She's been passing notes over the fence to our neighbors on the west. They have a 9 year old daughter, Sophia, and she and Mary have played through the fence and out front a couple of times.
Mom: I'm getting back into audiobooks. I relistened to the series Once Upon a Broken Heart and loved it all over again. I hope to find time to work on my screenplay writing. That really does interest me but I feel like I never have time for anything. I did well posting videos to social media for my color analysis business for my second week in a row.
Dad bought new exercise equipment this week that he's excited about. He overheated setting it up in the garage though-it has been way too hot this month. Work is frustrating as ever, hopefully he can quit it in the next couple of months for something more stabilizing.
Monday I had a call with Megan Donlevy (who I think looks like Megan Trainor). We talked about her Seasonal Color Report. She seemed happy with it. Tuesday I took the girls to Lindsay Durocher's house while I went to Reno for my doctor's appointment with a nurse practitioner in the cardiology office. It was brief and she said it takes time for the lungs to recover and just pay attention to how I feel as I incorporate more cardio. I got some bagel breakfast sandwiches on my way out of Reno and met up with Dad for a brunch date on USA Pkwy. I picked the girls up from Lindsay and took them to dance class. Wednesday we had a play date at Megan Donlevy's house. It was so nice of her to have us over. Thursday we went to the church for the exercise class. That night I taught piano.
Friday we got up early and drove to San Francisco. We got there at 1pm walked around Pier 39 then down to Ghirardelli square. The girls loved playing on the little beach at the end of our walk. They both got wet but luckily I packed a change of clothes for both of them. We tried to go to Alamo Square Park but it was packed. We went to the Palace of Fine Arts which was so much bigger than I thought! It was so beautiful. We walked down to Chrissy Field beach and got great views of the Golden Gate Bridge. We got to drive across it on our way home.
Saturday we went to our neighbor's house to celebrate their baby's first birthday! That night I made dinner for the missionaries. Sunday we went to church. Paul made a delicious steak for our steak and egg breakfast. He tried to make sunny side up eggs but the yolk cooked, so I fried up a few more eggs to get that gooey yolk.


.jpeg)























Comments
Post a Comment