August 31 - September 6, 2026

Katie was getting ready to go walking with Dad when he asked, "where is your other shoe?" She said, "I don't know." Dad: "where did you get that one?" She lifts up one shoe, "It's right here!"
Mary saw Mom and Dad kiss in the car and she got the biggest smile and said, “are you in love?”
Mom: I made a joke when Dad was sending a picture of the girls to his coworker that made him laugh. I said, "Katie is walking! it's a miracle!" Dad told the people he works with that Katie still can't walk and she needed a special surgery in August. He said this because he didn't want to tell them he was taking time off of work to go to my brother, Ben's, wedding. Yeah, it doesn't make any sense. It was the second week of my color analysis Labor Day sale and I haven't gotten any clients. I started a personal Instagram and TikTok account to post whatever. I've only posted food videos but I think I might post music too. We'll see. I finished reading Foxglove and Wisteria from the Belladonna Series. I loved Wisteria because it focuses on Blithe, who is such a funny character to me. I definitely bawled at the end though. I also finished reading Caraval and liked it. I like the authors of these series. I connect with the characters and the story isn't just romantic, it's intriguing and complex.
Dad has complained about feeling flushed this week. He is drinking enough, eating well, and exercising. He has said that he hasn't been sleeping well and has felt very anxious. I'm thinking his cortisol levels are high.

Monday I unpacked all our stuff and put away the laundry. Dad came home with some fun snacks and my favorite pumpkin donuts. We watched Phantom of the Opera and The Other Guys - my favorite musical and my favorite comedy.
Tuesday I sold some of our exercise equipment on Facebook Marketplace. I also called about our title. Carvana never released their lien on it and supposedly they have now, so hopefully we'll get that soon.
Wednesday our play group fell through but Megan Donlevy invited us to the homeschool group at Green Valley Park. She set up a scavenger hunt of nature/ Halloween items. The kids loved it! ShaLay came with her sister. Mary loved playing with EverLee and Katie had fun with KinsLey. It was fun to catch up with ShaLay and her sister, Jasmyn. She was so nice, she told me she thought I was 23!
Thursday we went to the church for exercise class. It was just us, April, and Cheryl. Mary and Katie played well together and didn't seem bugged by being the only kids. They showed off their moves when April played Golden. I taught violin at my house that night. I have Penny and Amelia in a group class.
Friday I did some yard work and meal prep. I made chicken feta pasta, banana bread, and some pumpkin muffins. For the yard, I mowed, weeded, aerated the lawn, and watered. We went to Lowe's that night and I seeded the lawn, planted new bushes, and mulched.
Saturday I taught music lessons from 10:30 am to 2 pm. I have 6 piano students and 6 violin students (including the 2 I teach on Thursdays). A few of them couldn't come this first week, so I got a few breaks and practiced piano while I waited for the next student.
Sunday we went to church and did the new schedule. I got called to be a Sunday school teacher for the younger group of youth - deacons and bringers of light. Dad made a really yummy steak and eggs for our fast Sunday dinner. I made chocolate muffins for our dessert.













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 13-19, 2025

November 3-9, 2025

October 27 - November 2, 2025