September 7-13, 2026

Katie is talking really well. She can speak in full sentences. Dad asked if she wanted to cuddle and said, "Nuh-uh" Dad said, why not? She said, "I don't want to."
Mary started learning writing again this week after we took the summer off. She did so well writing "bus" but the s was a little tricky.
Mom: I got my first client that paid full price this week! I was feeling pretty disheartened because I did a two week sale of $30 off and literally no one used it. It ended at midnight on Labor Day and this client purchased my services at 5 am the next day, 5 hours after the sale had ended. But I'm very grateful! I was working on her draping and I showed Dad some examples and he finally admitted out loud that he could see the difference and that it proved that color analysis is a legitimate thing. I also finished my book, Legendary.
Dad liked having a 4 day work week. He was sad we didn't go to Shoelaces and get his root beer freeze.


Monday was Labor Day. Paul got the day off of work, so that morning we got up and drove to Placerville, CA to go to High Hill Farm (Mary knows it as Apple Tree Farm). This has been our third year there. They have yummy apple treats. I got a slice of pie that was a combo of apple pie and peach cobbler. Paul got apple donuts for him and the girls - they don't like pie as much as me. We looked at the cute craft stalls, the girls played at the playground and maze, we went to the duck pond, did a hay ride, then checked out the town. We loved a restaurant called Shoelaces last time we came but they were closed for Labor Day so we got burgers in South Lake Tahoe and ice cream in Carson City on the way home.
Tuesday we went to the park with the Durocher's. It was Lindsay's first time coming to the park since having her baby boy. Her daughter that usually plays with Mary started Kindergarten so just her 3 year old son came. He played with Katie really well but Mary was left out.
Wednesday the girls played with the Gochenour's in the morning while I went to the dentist. That helped make up for Mary not having a friend at the park the day before. After that I took them to their tumbling class. The teachers told me that Katie is the best behaved one year old they have ever met. She is very good at following instructions and focusing on the activity they are doing. They also told me that Mary is great at helping her little sister focus and feel included.
Thursday morning we received the sad news that Grandpa Sam had passed away. He was 84. He woke up and did his scripture study before passing away peacefully in his armchair. He was a wonderful man and we will miss him. We are happy that he is reunited with Grandpa Mike and all his family members that have passed before him.
We went to the church for Zumba. It was us, April, Cheryl, and the Gochenour's. We didn't stay for too long because everyone had things they needed to get to. Walmart didn't have the option to do pick up since Burning Man was so crazy for the last couple of weeks. They gave their employees a break. So I took the girls inside and went grocery shopping the old fashioned way and got it myself. That night I taught violin to Amelia and Penny.
Friday I took the girls to the library where we played in the kids section that went to story time. After story time they did a craft where they cut out their handprints to make a tree then glued little papers to their fingers to make them look like autumn leaves.
Saturday was my first time teaching all my Saturday students. I taught back to back private piano and violin lessons from 10:30 am to 3 pm.
Sunday we wanted to get up and see the hot air balloons but it got cancelled because of the wind. The girls both got a little sick too, so it was better that they stayed home and rested. I taught youth Sunday school and made dinner for the Durocher's.






















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

October 13-19, 2025

November 3-9, 2025

October 27 - November 2, 2025